Welcome to the Greater Owensboro Chamber of Commerce!
Our mission is to provide leadership, advocacy and member services that foster growth and economic prosperity for our region.
Founded in 1913, our Chamber has worked for over a century to provide valuable benefits and services to member businesses and individuals. Today, with a membership base of close to 1000, the Chamber is a critical partner in the community and business development initiatives, serving as the center of business advocacy for the Greater Owensboro region.
Many important community initiatives have been born or fostered here over the past 100 years. Some of those include the International Bar-B-Que Festival, Downtown Development, Owensboro Community and Technical College Advanced Technology Center, Shop Owensboro, and many more!
To understand the Chamber’s history and heritage of growing the Kentucky region, watch this video.
The strategic goals of the Chamber are the following:
- Grow membership by providing exceptional value and service.
- Create opportunities and advance the success of our members.
- Develop and connect leaders for the future of Greater Owensboro.
- Demonstrate the Chamber’s leadership and collaborative role in Greater Owensboro.
- Advocate to improve the business environment and competitiveness of Greater Owensboro.
- Operate the Chamber with innovation, integrity, creativity and efficiency.
The Chamber is governed by a Board of Directors who represent a cross section of the membership.
Stop by the office or visit the conference room on the third floor to view the full gallery of the Greater Owensboro Chamber of Commerce’s past Board Chairs.