Opportunity Center of Owensboro – Executive Director
Non-Profit Executive Director
A growing non-profit organization is in search of new leadership, due to a retirement. The Opportunity Center of Owensboro, formerly known as the ARC of Owensboro, has been providing home and community-based services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities since the 1950’s.
- Supervise, coordinate and/or perform office operations relating to The Opportunity Center, such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and correspondence and other duties deemed necessary for sound operations.
- Recruit, train, and evaluate performance of staff and volunteers, under the established policies.
- Ensure appropriate financial management of the organization’s budget, including appropriate bookkeeping and accounting procedures are followed, while providing timely reporting to the Board.
- Attend all meetings of the Board of Directors and committee meetings as directed. Facilitate effective meetings by preparing office reports, compiling meeting agendas, proposing topics for discussion/review, determining, and initiating follow-up actions.
- Monitors compliance of the organization with all applicable laws and regulations. (State, Federal, and Local)
- Informs and advises the board regarding current trends, problems and opportunities that are important to the organization’s mission and operations.
- Maintain on a confidential and professional basis accurate and up to date case histories of persons provided services by The Opportunity Center.
- Serve as a resource for parents, guardians, and others interested in securing services for persons with a developmental disability.
- Maintain organizational structure by carrying out the Board Strategic Plan
- Evaluate the programs and make appropriate recommendations concerning new and improved programs, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain an active and continuing interest in all programs, projects, services, and committees in such a way as to guide and develop the programs within the goals and policies of The Opportunity Center.
- Directly supervise all operations and programs of The Opportunity Center.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT DUTIES:
- Provide strategic guidance and oversight on community engagement to the Board or to the appropriate committee.
- Develop a marketing plan with the board, committees, staff, and volunteers geared toward informing the community of the organization’s programs and services. The plan should include, but not limited to speaking engagements, radio publicity, social media, community partnerships and other means deemed necessary.
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, government agencies, educational institutions and others as required to help achieve the mission of The Opportunity Center.
- Ensure that The Opportunity Center is represented at community activities to enhance the organization’s reputation and brand.
- Promote an enhanced profile for the organization and develop opportunities to market client services.
- Assist the Board of Directors and appropriate committees to develop a responsible fund-raising campaign to provide adequate financial support for The Opportunity Centers’ strategic plan, activities, and obligations.
- Research funding sources, create funding proposals, and marketing strategies.
- Arrange and oversee coordination of the fund-raising campaigns, utilizing both staff and volunteers.
Bachelor’s or higher degree from an accredited institution or be a Registered Nurse
At least two (2) years of experience in the field of intellectual or developmental disabilities
Willing to complete any training curriculum required
Valid Driver’s License
Capable of completing and passing the background process
Compassion for others and a commitment to make a difference in their lives
Schedule: Monday thru Friday (Days)
Benefits and Pay Range:
$60K – $72K BOE
How To Apply:
Send your complete resume to OwensboroKY@Expresspros.com
Or apply online at Expresspros.com
Visit us at 1900 Triplett Street in Owensboro, KY, Or call 270-240-5511 to schedule your interview today!