Petter Business Systems – Outside Sales Representative
Henry A. Petter Supply Company, headquartered in Paducah, Kentucky, serves the industrial, marine, and mining industries with a commitment and dedication that is backed by years of experience and dependability.
We are currently seeking an Outside Sales Representative for our Owensboro, Kentucky, location. This is a full-time position.
Outside Sales Position Summary
The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for selling products using exceptional communication skills and is highly focused on providing customers with excellent care and service. Responsible for providing our customers and prospects with fast, accurate, and customized solutions for their supply needs. The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced team environment where we strive to provide our customers with the highest level of service and support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Gather data and actively listen to prospective and existing customers to fully understand their needs, troubleshoot their problems, and identify solutions.
- Grow existing accounts through introducing customers to new product offerings.
- Identify prospective new customers.
- Ensure technical requirements for the customer are met and assist with on-site troubleshooting.
- Regularly interact face-to-face with customers to foster strong relationships and maintain satisfaction.
- Work with Management to provide business planning to reach product and sales goals.
- Work with and coordinate vendor resources to build relationships and support sales.
- Create and deliver customized solutions that provide value to customers.
- Create materials for and conduct sales presentations to customers.
- Become a subject matter expert and acquire ongoing marketplace intelligence by researching trends and best practices, reading business publications, seeking out learning and development opportunities, and utilizing internal training resources.
- Utilize computer database and Petter website to verify customer information, pricing, and availability.Handle customer complaints.
- Depending on the need, may be required to be on-call nights or weekends.
- Experience in the Industrial Distribution industry is required
- Experience and knowledge of Industrial and Safety products is desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with growing existing accounts and establishing relationships with current customer base
- Strong with customer follow up and organizational skills
- Associate/Bachelor Degree preferred
- Candidate must have 5+ years experience in Industrial Sales
- Ideal candidate must have computer experience using Excel, Access, Word, Internet, and Power Point
- MRO: 3 years
- Sales: 5 years
- Industrial Product Sales: 5 years
License or Certification Requirements:
- Driver’s License Required
Click here for more information.