Petter Business Systems – Inside Sales Representative
Henry A. Petter Supply Company. headquartered in Paducah, KY, serves the industrial, marine, and mining industries with a commitment and dedication that is backed by years of experience and dependability.
We are currently seeking an Inside Sales Representative for our Owensboro, Kentucky, location. This is a full-time position.
Inside Sales Representative Position Summary
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for selling products using exceptional telephone and email communication skills and be highly focused on providing customers with exceptional service. They are responsible for providing our customers and prospects with fast, accurate product quotes, soliciting profitable orders, upselling, order entry, and ongoing customer service.
The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced team environment where we strive to provide our customers with the highest level of service and support. This position receives and enters orders from customers, and interacts with them to provide information in response to inquiries concerning products, pricing, and availability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Grow existing accounts through introducing customers to new product offerings.
- Gather data and actively listen to prospective and existing customers to fully understand their needs.
- Create and deliver customized solutions that provide value to customers.
- Become a subject matter expert and acquire ongoing marketplace intelligence by researching trends and best practices, reading business publications, seeking out learning and development opportunities, and utilizing internal training resources.
- Handle service processes including order processing of standard and special products, quoting, returns, credits, expediting, price deviations, and web shopping application.
- Utilize computer database and Petter website to verify customer information, pricing, and availability.
- Handle customer complaints.
- Operate with standard operating procedures and safety guidelines.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- .Experience n the Industrial Distribution industry is highly desired.
- Experience and knowledge of Industrial and Safety products is desired.
- Experience with growing existing accounts and establishing relationships with current customer base.
- Strong with customer follow up, organizational skills, and excellent communication skills required.
- High schools diploma or GED.
- Associate/Bachelor degree preferred.
- Three (3) years customer service experience and three years (3) industrial supply inside sales experience.
- Previous computer experience with Excel, Access, Word, Internet, Power Point,
License or Certification Requirements:
- Driver’s License Required
Click here for more information.