Community Dental Clinic – Staff Dentist
OWENSBORO-DAVIESS COUNTY COMMUNITY DENTAL CLINIC
POSITION TITLE: Staff Dentist
REPORTS TO: Director
A full time, position responsible for providing clinical dental services and preventive dental care in a community dental center setting. The Staff Dentist supervises the dental assistants and dental hygienists of the community dental center in the absence of the Director.
1. Examines individuals requesting care, diagnoses their dental/oral conditions, prescribes and carries out, or directs others in carrying out, appropriate dental/oral treatment, or refers individuals for specialty consultation or treatment in conformance with approved clinical protocols and guidelines.
2. Records patient-dentist transactions as they occur in the patient’s dental record so that the dental record accurately and completely reflects the nature of the contact, the condition of the patient and the care or treatment provided. In addition, the Staff Dentist shall complete referrals, data collections instruments and other records or paper works as shall be required from time to time by the organization.
3. Educates individuals regarding oral health related conditions and in the general promotion of oral health related disease prevention.
4. Prepares specific reports as requested by the community dental center’s Director.
5. Assists in the provision of continuing education, on-the-job training, and the orientation of community dental center staff as requested.
6. Assists in the design, development, and implementation of appropriate dental policies, protocols and procedures as directed by the Director which follow the most current accepted professional standards and state boards of authority.
7. Assists in the provision of technical assistance and health education to the community as requested.
8. Participates in short- and long-term program planning for the agency, including development of goals and objectives.
9. Provides consultation to the Director and the Board of Directors regarding dental and oral health issues in the absence of the Director.
10. Travels when necessary to fulfill the organizations needs and attends meetings as necessary to represent the corporation and/or the dental clinic.
11. Responsible for personal full compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and center rules, regulations, protocols and procedures governing the practice of dentistry and the clinical provision of dental care as well as those relating to, but not limited to, personnel issues, work place safety, public health and confidentiality.
12. As directed by the Director, performs other related and/or necessary tasks to achieve organizational and programmatic goals and objectives.
Education and Training:
1. Graduation from an accredited dental school
2. Completion of an accredited general practice residency program is preferred
3. Knowledge of public health principles and practices preferred
4. Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills required
5. Ability to maintain appropriate clinical privileges required,
Licensure and Credentials:
1. Unrestricted license to practice dentistry in the State of Kentucky.
2. Current CPR (BLS) certifications.
3. Current Kentucky Board of Dentistry and DEA registrations
Skills and Abilities:
Requires a comprehensive knowledge of primary dental care in outpatient settings. Knowledge of the principles and practice of modern dentistry as well as current social
and economic problems pertaining to public health and their impact on primary health care.
Typical Physical Demands:
Prolonged sitting or standing may be required. Those physical movements and the degree of mobility normally associated with the practice of primary care dentistry will be performed on a repetitive basis. The ability to distinguish letters and symbols, as well as the ability to utilize telephones, computer terminals, and copiers is required. Work under stressful conditions as well as irregular hours may be required. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations, radiation and other conditions common to a clinical environment may routinely be encountered.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is negotiable on experience. Benefits include health, retirement, and accrual of vacation and sick time benefits.
Posting End Date: 10/1/2021